Data Protection and your Privacy:
For the purpose of the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP), the three South Worcestershire local authorities will be joint data controllers.
The Data Protection Officers for the member authorities of the SWDP are:
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers – this may include first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender.
- Contact details – this may include postal address, email address, contact telephone number(s).
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For the purpose of registering your views in respect of the South Worcestershire Local Plan.
- For the purpose of allowing us to keep you informed on the progress of the South Worcestershire Local Plan.
- For the purpose of informing you about future consultations you may be interested in.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Analyse the consultation response data gathered.
- Keep you informed of subsequent consultations or stages of the South Worcestershire Local Plan.
- Respond to queries or complaints.
What entitles us to process your personal information?
Processing is necessary for the performance of a public task (South Worcestershire Development Plan review) carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council(s).
Our lawful basis for using your personal data under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)is:
Performance of a task carried out in the public interest, namely the 2004 Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act, in conjunction with the Town and Country Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended).
With whom we will be sharing your personal information?
Where you have made a representation in response to a planning policy consultation document, we will publish and share your name and your representation with all interested parties in relation to the relevant consultation document. (Please note that your contact details, postal address, email address and telephone number) will be redacted and will not be shared or published).
We may share your information with the three South Worcestershire Councils as data controllers listed on this notice. The South Worcestershire councils will only use your data to inform planning policy and to keep you informed of the planning policy process and of proposals for new or amended policies. The Councils may therefore consult you in relation to future planning policy documents jointly or as individual authorities.
Other organisations that we may share information with include the Planning Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State or any other similar individual.
Each Council has its own privacy notice which should be read in conjunction with this notice, and are available following the links below:
Wychavon District Council - Privacy - Wychavon District Council
Malvern Hills District Council- Privacy Notice - Malvern Hills District Council
How long do we store your data for?
Your information is securely stored on the servers of one or all of the Councils, based at the addresses given above. We keep your personal data for only as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for any legal, or reporting requirements. We will retain your data for 10 years after adoption of the South Worcestershire Local Plan. We will then dispose your information by erasing the digital files from the servers. Information provided by you will be published and retained in-line with each of the three South Worcestershire Councils’ retention policy for planning policy.
Individual Legal Rights
If the information provided becomes personal information because you are identifiable, the following legal rights apply until your data is anonymised:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to have your personal data Erased
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
- Your Right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
- Your Right to complain to the Information Commissioner
Individual right to complain about how your data is handled
If you dissatisfied with how your personal information is handled, please contact our Data Protection Officer via
Phone: 01905 722233
Data Protection Officer, Worcester City Council, The Guildhall, High Street, Worcester, WR1 2EY
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF