The South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) was adopted and published on 25 February 2016. There followed a period of six weeks in which interested parties could have challenged the SWDP, or elements of it, in the High Court. No such challenges were lodged so the SWDP remains as adopted and published by the three Councils. The SWDP is an integral part of the Development Plan ( which also includes the Minerals and Waste Local Plans prepared by Worcestershire County Council) for the administrative areas of Malvern Hills District, Worcester City and Wychavon District. Planning decisions by these Local Planning Authorities and the Government’s Planning Inspectorate must be taken in accordance with the Development Plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- The Adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) 2016 [PDF 25.6MB]
- South Worcestershire Development Plan – Erratum [PDF 238KB]
- The Adopted SWDP by chapter
- Adoption Statement [PDF 237KB]
- SA/SEA Adoption Statement [PDF 293KB]
- Notification Letter [PDF 297KB]
- Inspector’s Report
- Formal position with respect to affordable housing and tariff style developer contributions
Hard copies of The South Worcestershire Development Plan document can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or by telephoning 01386 565000. Please note there will be a charge of £20 + p&p (£5.22 for first class and £2.57 for second class).
The Councils are required to maintain an adopted Policies Map which illustrates geographically the application of the policies in the adopted development plan. The Policies Maps can be viewed on the Interactive Map. Hard copies of Policies Map will not be published as part of the final printed plan, but can be printed off on request, at a charge, when required.